Win tickets to see Slow Skies in the Unitarian ChurchThis form is now expired. Thank you to all those who have submitted files.
Slow Skies have announced details on a headline show in The Unitarian Church on the 8th of November and we have tickets up for grabs!
Slow Skies started out as the musical musings of singer/songwriter Karen Sheridan. Having met Conal Herron, producer/musician, in music college in London, the pair decided to start working together and returned home, to Ireland, after college to record the debut EP ‘Silhouettes’ in the winter of 2011. Recorded in various kitchens and sitting rooms around Ireland, it was during this time the pair developed their slow burning ambient folk sound. They released this first EP in the summer of 2012 and started gigging with multi- instrumentalist Pat O’Leary of I Have A Tribe. Honing their skills as a band on stage and developing their sound further, they went back to record in the winter of 2012. What came out of this time is the EP entitled ‘Close’, four songs of deeply personal lyrics, sparse production, climatic drums; striking a balance between delicate and forceful.
On release of the ‘Close’ EP earlier this year, the band have gained traction across the many music blogs and topped hype machine. A remix of ‘On The Shore’ track by Candyland opened their music up to a new audience and has picked up combined plays of over 200K plays on Soundcloud to date.
To be in with a chance to see them live simply answer the question below.
Terms & Conditions
The online Independent.ie Giveaway runs from October 10th to October 28th. The draw for the Giveaway
prizes will take place on October 29th 2013, and the winners will be
notified by email or telephone.
3. All entrants must be 18 years or over. Only entrants who submitted correct registration details will be eligible.
4. Only one entry is allowed per Independent.ie subscriber. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
5. Subscribers must enter the Giveaway before the applicable closing date.
6. Incomplete, illegible or late entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed in the course of transmission.
7. By filling in all the details required in the entry form online and confirming that you have read the terms and conditions of entry and completing the answer and sending it (selecting the ’post’ button) to Independent.ie you are deemed to have accepted all applicable terms and conditions of the Competition
8. Persons not eligible to enter the on-line Independent.ie Giveaway include employees of Independent.ie or Unison.ie and their families, agents of Independent.ie and any third party included in this promotion.
9. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other equivalent.
10. Independent.ie reserve the right to substitute activities of an equivalent or greater value to those specified, should any part of the activity become unavailable.
11. The on-line Independent.ie giveaway winning entries will be selected in a draw by an independent judge. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into.
12. Winners must agree to participate in any promotional activities that may be organised by Independent.ie in connection with the giveaway.
14. Independent.ie reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant, to add to or waive any rules without prior notice to the entrants or in the event of circumstance beyond the control of Independent.ie arising which in its opinion makes it desirable to cancel the competition at any stage.
15. To maximum extent permitted by law, Independent.ie is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner resulting from his or her acceptance of the prize.